Out of all social media platforms, I am most active on Instagram. I post there daily (with pictures forwarded to Twitter too), but am also very involved with the maker community there. I love seeing what other makers are doing and seeing what that community thinks and is up to.
- Thank you all so much for 1,000 follows!! This community is absolutely amazing and I love being a part of it! Stay… https://t.co/zn8djlvIxN
- My #stateoftheshop this weekend is to organize a bit before starting to crank out some small gifts for the holidays… https://t.co/o8gj4DMyIN
- My order came in from @kencraft_hardwoods ! Any guesses what these 3 wood species are? #hardwood #woodgrain… https://t.co/5kbOm1UkNj
- I’m about to make a few holiday gifts! What are your favorite hardwoods for accent? #woodworking #diygifts #holidaydiy #Opinion #poll
- Happy Thanksgiving! Gathering together with friends and family was a major driver for our DIY Pallet dining room de… https://t.co/dDk7ABYAPW
I post somewhat regularly to Twitter. Any picture (not video) I post to Instagram will also be posted to Twitter. I am trying to also post more regular updates as to what I am doing in the moment. Twitter will not always include additional media, but will become more active as time goes on.
Pinterest is one of the main avenues I use to generate ideas. While I do have boards dedicated to traditional shop, DIY, and making topics, I also pin things I like from other areas. This helps with creativity when I have a problem to solve, but the solution could use some extra theming or decoration. For example, I love Star Wars and Marvel. While a particular solution might not directly involve either of those, I am always looking for opportunities to incorporate themes and other interests in solutions.
A majority of these pins are not items I have built, but items I want to use for ideas. I will occasionally put my own content in these boards, but the predominant use is to generate ideas to incorporate together for a unique solution.
I am somewhat active on Facebook. Almost all content posted here is selectively generated from Instagram. I usually only post the final pieces rather than the behind-the-scenes building content that I consistently post to Instagram.