Out of all social media platforms, I am most active on Instagram. I post there daily (with pictures forwarded to Twitter too), but am also very involved with the maker community there. I love seeing what other makers are doing and seeing what that community thinks and is up to.
- Today’s regularly scheduled making stuff post has been delayed due to a leak requiring a new water heater. Regular… https://t.co/g6ss8GCRts
- Today’s #stateoftheshop is I’m still working on clean up. Coffee is required. I’ll try to put more status in my sto… https://t.co/SNc9vrxF2U
- Today’s #stateoftheshop is in dire need of cleanup and organization. I still have offcuts and scraps from the offic… https://t.co/m6WQkh6soh
- It’s a quiet #stateoftheshopsunday while the frame glue dries. These need to be strong, so I’m leaving it overnight… https://t.co/Xsi9f3Wreb
- All of the material is ready for dryfit now! The 2x4 frame will be cut down a bit for final sizing. Do you prefer r… https://t.co/rJusaod28Q
- If you’re in a fall mood and want to make a farmhouse style piece of wall art, check out my new Instructables! Link… https://t.co/AnLQIKuyXf
I post somewhat regularly to Twitter. Any picture (not video) I post to Instagram will also be posted to Twitter. I am trying to also post more regular updates as to what I am doing in the moment. Twitter will not always include additional media, but will become more active as time goes on.
Pinterest is one of the main avenues I use to generate ideas. While I do have boards dedicated to traditional shop, DIY, and making topics, I also pin things I like from other areas. This helps with creativity when I have a problem to solve, but the solution could use some extra theming or decoration. For example, I love Star Wars and Marvel. While a particular solution might not directly involve either of those, I am always looking for opportunities to incorporate themes and other interests in solutions.
A majority of these pins are not items I have built, but items I want to use for ideas. I will occasionally put my own content in these boards, but the predominant use is to generate ideas to incorporate together for a unique solution.
I am somewhat active on Facebook. Almost all content posted here is selectively generated from Instagram. I usually only post the final pieces rather than the behind-the-scenes building content that I consistently post to Instagram.